October 10, 2016 | Cinderella D. Samson
Nilahukan ng sampung traffic enforcers at dalawang pulis ng Ibaan, bilang miyembro ng traffic management personnel ang seminar na ginanap sa Ibaan District Hall, Oktubre 07, 2016 ganap na alas otso ng umaga. Ito ay isinagawa sa pangunguna ng Batangas Highway Patrol Group PO3 Melchor E. Boyano, bilang Guest Speaker. Kasama sina PO3 Cesar Requillas at PO2 Edgardo Garcia mula din sa Provincial Highway Patrol Team ng Camp General Miguel Malvar, Kumintang Ilaya, Batangas City.
Ang seminar ay isinagawa sa pakikipag ugnayan ng Punong- bayan Mayor Juan “Danny” Toreja sa Provincial Highway Patrol Group.Ito ay naisakatuparan sa pangangasiwa ng Office of the Administrator sa pangunguna naman ni Atty. Triven Castillo kasama si Security Officer Col. Venus De Castro.
Tinalakay nila ang sa nasabing seminar ang batas na nakapaloob at nasasaad sa Republic Act 4136 o mas kilala bilang Land Transportation And Traffic Code Of The Philippines. Kasama ring binigyang pansin ilang mga isyu patungkol sa traffic law enforcement tulad ng arrest and issuance of temporary operators permit (TOP), mga paglabag sa batas trapiko, mga probisyon at kondisyon ng prangkisa, at iba pa.
Partikular na tinalakay ay ang mga sumusunod:
- SECTION 19. Duty to have License. – Except as otherwise specifically provided in this Act, it shall be unlawful for any person to operate any motor vehicle without having in his possession a valid license to drive a motor vehicle.
- SECTION 27. Authority to Suspend, Revoke and Reinstate Driver’s License. – Without prejudice to the authority of the court in appropriate cases and except as herein otherwise provided, the Director shall have exclusive power and authority to suspend or revoke for cause any driver’s license issued under the provisions of this Act.
- SECTION 29. Confiscation of Driver’s License. – Law enforcement and peace officers of other agencies duly deputized by the Director shall, in apprehending a driver for any violation of this Act or any regulations issued pursuant thereto, or of local traffic rules and regulations not contrary to any provisions of this Act, confiscate the license of the driver concerned and issue a receipt prescribed and issued by the Bureau therefor which shall authorize the driver to operate a motor vehicle for a period not exceeding seventy-two hours from the time and date of issue of said receipt. The period so fixed in the receipt shall not be extended, and shall become invalid thereafter. Failure of the driver to settle his case within fifteen days from the date of apprehension will be a ground for the suspension and/or revocation of his license.
- SECTION 30. Student-Driver’s Permit. – Upon proper application and the payment of the fee prescribed in accordance with law, the Director or his deputies may issue student-driver’s permits, valid for one year to persons not under sixteen years of age, who desire to learn to operate motor vehicles.
- SECTION 53. Driving While Under the Influence of Liquor or Narcotic Drug. – No person shall drive a motor vehicle while under the influence of liquor or narcotic drug.
Nagkaroon din sila ng aktwal na pagta-trapik sa lansangan bilang bahagi ng kanilang aktibidad. Kung saan ay isinagawa nila ang kanilang natutunan sa talakayan.
Gayun din, pinayuhan silang maging magalang at rumespeto sa mga motoristang kanilang hinuhuli.