Christmas Carol Choir Singing Contest
The primary objective of Christmas Carol Choir Contest is to showcase different singing talents and skills. And since this is in choir format, it also hopes to foster creativity in blending voices to produce elegant music, particularly Christmas songs.
- The contest is open to all choir groups in Ibaan.
- The singing group/choir shall be composed of ten (10) to fifteen (15) members only. The members may either be male or female, all male, or all female, regardless of sex orientation.
- Only bonafide residents of Ibaan shall compose the singing group/choir.
- Individuals who have joined/participated in any singing contest prior to the said contest are allowed to become member of the singing group/choir.
- No entrance fee shall be required among the participants to be able to join the contest.
- The participants are to perform Christmas songs.
- The participating choral groups will have to prepare two (2) songs:
a.) The first song is the groups FREE CHOICE that can be rendered with accompaniment but will not form part of the judging.
b.) The 2nd song will be the groups CONTEST PIECE which will be rendered in ACAPELLA. Use of musical instrument of any kind is prohibited.
- Each song will have a minimum of three (3) minutes and maximum of five (5) minutes.
- Participants may wear costume and use props but shall not be given any weight in judging.
- The participants may hire a music teacher/mentor but shall not be allowed to come up on stage with the group. However, he may conduct in front of the stage.
- The songs may either be in English or in Tagalog, both in English, or both in Tagalog. It may also be of local or foreign artist.
- Drawing of lots shall be made to determine the sequence of the performance among participants on December 12, 2014.
Submission of Entries
- Deadline for submission/confirmation of entry shall be on December 10, 2014, until 4:00pm.
- Names of the choir members and mentor/s shall also be submitted on the said date of deadline.
Venue and Date Of Contest
The contest proper shall be on December 28, 2014 at B. R. Medrano Plaza. The contest will start at 7:00 PM.
Criteria For Judging
Voice Blending 35%
Stage Presence 15%
The prizes will be as follows:
1st Place P 7,000.00
2nd Place P 5,000.00
Consolation prize P 1,000.00
- THE DECISION OF THE BOARD OF JUDGES SHALL BE FINAL AND UNAPPEALABLE.