Pasko Sa Ibaan
December 29, 2014
Ibaan Photo Contest with the theme “Pasko Sa Ibaan” is created with the objective of showing the spirit of Christmas in Ibaan. The theme intends to show the bonding among family members, relatives and friends.
- The “Pasko Sa Ibaan” photo contest is open to all high school students in the Municipality of Ibaan, both ffrom public and private.
- The photo should strictly adhere to the theme and objective of the contest.
- Photographers who are into photography business are prohibited from joining. However, the contest’s judges shall be chosen from among them.
- The photos to be submitted must be in color. Black and white photos are not to be accepted or shall not be considered for the contest.
- Participants must also submit the “raw” copy of the photo submitted for the contest.
- Submitted photos must be at 12 x 18 in size and must be at 300 pixels. They may either be in portrait or in landscape format.
- The entry photo, together with its “raw” copy must be sent through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photos from previous years’ Christmas may also be submitted for the contest.
- The contestant must use only their own original photo or that the contestants have taken the photos themselves.
- The Organizing Committee will shoulder the printing of submitted photos.
- The deadline for submission of entries will be until 5:00pm of December 26, 2014.
- The official entry for the photo contest shall be put on display at the canopy in front of Ibaan Municipal Hall from December 27 – 29, 2014. The awarding of winners shall be given at the night of December 29, 2014 during the “RETRO CON MODERNO DANCE CONTEST” at Medrano Plaza.
- The winners will be as follows: First Prize, Second Prize and Third Prize.
- The entry photos will be uploaded at Iba Ang Ibaan Facebook account, also, for public viewing. Online voting will be not used in the determination of winners.
Criteria For Judging
The entry photos shall be judged based on the following criteria:
- Technical Excellence (30%) – This include the photo’s focus, sharpness, detail, depth of field, color, brightness, contrast, saturation and usage of light.
- Composition (30%) – – This includes the story being told by the photo, visual impact, subject of the photo and theme relevance.
- Artistic Merit (30%) – This includes the angle of the photo, direction of the eyes, and the elements or different materials included in the photo.
- Overall Impact (10%) – This includes the emotional and psychological impact of the photo.
Winning photos will receive the following cash prizes:
First Place P5,000.00
Second Place P3,000.00
Third Place P1,000.00